Thank you for your interest in the Emory Youth Chamber Music Program with the Vega Quartet. Please choose your audition time and complete the online form to submit your application for EYCP's Fall 2017 semester. The contact information provided will be used for all communications.
Auditions will be held at Emory University's Schwartz Center (1700 North Decatur Road; free parking available in Fishburne parking deck next door) on Sunday, August 27th. The audition room will be on the 2nd floor.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted by Sunday, August 20th.
Tuition is due in full at the first meeting of every semester*. Tuition includes eight 1.5 hour coachings, as well as eight 1.5 hour rehearsals in a provided space, a masterclass and a public performance. Coachings outside these parameters may be subject to additional fees, as agreed upon on a case-by-case basis between the Vega Quartet and participants.
String Quartet: $380 per member
String Trio/Piano Trio: $380 per member
Duo: $400 per member (1 hr. coaching and 1 hr. rehearsal)
*a limited number of individual scholarships are available for qualified students.
Each applicant is required to submit a $25 application fee before an audition can take place. This fee is payable in the following three ways:
1. Payment made through PayPal at the completion of the online application form.
2. Payment by check, made out to the Vega Quartet. This can be sent by mail to the below address, and must be postmarked on or before August 20th.
Schwartz Center, Emory University
c/0 The Vega Quartet
1700 North Decatur Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
3. Payment by check, made out to the Vega Quartet, submitted in person at the August 27th audition.
All EYCP activities generally take place on Sunday afternoons at Emory University, in a three hour span between 1-5:30pm. Groups receive a 1,5 hour coaching as well as space for a 1.5 hour rehearsal on their own. The specifics of the schedule is arranged between each group and their coach, and some flexibility may be possible on a case-by-case basis. Please communicate any scheduling restrictions as soon as possible.
1. Two 3-octave scales and arpeggios of your choice.
2. Two contrasting works or movements representing your current playing level.
3. Some short sight-reading excerpts may be given at the audition.